Sunday 15 October 2023

From My IG Message with A.

(About finding swimming in the ocean affirming in difficult times.)

To find something to give you a personal balance, especially in these times when emotions and problems run deeply and threaten to pull you under, is important.   It also reflects the strategies you’ve learned and applied to pull you through challenging features in your lifetime.  I wonder about coincidence, and love metaphor.  That in the metaphoric depth and undertow you swim and stay afloat - that metaphor and where we find balance and solace - where we intertwine our life and our art.


(About changes to my life and career next year.)


It is a long story about my dedication to my work and my choice for next year.  It again proves that life is not a fairy tale.  But maybe that tells us that we have to write our own story, where we are our own morals.  Sometimes standing alone in that reminds us of that adage, of so many, about strength in solitude, about how we have to care for ourselves outside the normative parameters that serve to moderate, but not always to meet or heal or give us what we need to be fulfilled.  


I read, just yesterday, that the greatest loss that we can suffer is to not give ourselves the opportunity to reach the potential of who we are.  We give that and want that for our children, but we can forget that for ourselves as busy adults trying to turn up for social expectations.  


Next year I’m going to try to find out what my next steps will be to be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment