Saturday 3 October 2020

Affirmation

 It's my life and I'm proud of it.

I haven't spent it shooting drugs or getting wasted.

I haven't reneged on my responsibilities or taken the easy out.

I have compromised with the status quo because we have to work together for essential health and wellbeing, and because I'm not going to ask for handouts from a society to which I am not willing to contribute.

I have travelled far and wide to rebuild who I am and what I believe in.

I can hold countenance with folk, regardless of social order.

I am independent, but I love wholly and deeply.

I do not suffer fools.

I call it when I see it, even in the face of prescribed etiquette.

I handle the rough roads, and keep a close eye on the speedometer because I usually ride in fifth.

No comments:

Post a Comment